Monday, October 10, 2016

5 Minute Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce

Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce made with coconut oil, real maple syrup, and almond butter. Microwave for one minute. SO GOOD! | pinchofyum.com

LUSHHHH! ♡

You guys, I’m so glad you’re here today because this magic vegan caramel is legit silky, creamy, and luscious.

Wait, I know -> vegan. Which is interesting since I’m not a vegan (remember how the last recipe I posted was, um, a LOADED MEATBALL PIZZA?) and lots of you aren’t vegan either, but one of my favorite food terms is Everythingtarian. Right? s/o to Holly way back in the day for introducing me to that term with her funky blog. Since then, you and I and our POY food corner of the internet have totally identified ourselves with the Everythingtarian food culture, which to me means that you basically eat all the things. It’s a little bit meatball pizza, a little bit vegan caramel, and a little bit detox lentil soup. It’s Everythingtarian, Flexitarian, Food Eatertarian. It’s yummy. You down?

Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce made with coconut oil, real maple syrup, and almond butter. Microwave for one minute. SO GOOD! | pinchofyum.com

Like 99% of recipes in my life, this magic vegan caramel was a happy accident that was inspired from making Angela’s Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars – the ones with the juicy, sticky jam? Yeah, those ones.

I was just following the recipe, doing what Angela instructed, and all of a sudden I looked down at the mixture I was whisking and I thought: hey, that looks like caramel. A really BOMB caramel. A really BOMB VEGAN caramel. I wonder if we could make a version of this that would just be straight vegan caramel sauce for eating?

We could and we most definitely did.

Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce made with coconut oil, real maple syrup, and almond butter. Microwave for one minute. SO GOOD! | pinchofyum.comMagic Vegan Caramel Sauce made with coconut oil, real maple syrup, and almond butter. Microwave for one minute. SO GOOD! | pinchofyum.com

Uses of this sauce in my life have included:

  • Drizzling on oatmeal
  • Spreading on toast – don’t knock it till you try it
  • Stirring into yogurt (not vegan! but #everythingtarian)
  • Dipping with apples and other fruit
  • Pouring over ice cream (could be coconut ice cream for the Vs)
  • Mixing into no-bake batters – like energy bites
  • Topping for breads, muffins, and cakes
  • Stirring into coffee and tea
  • Straight spoonful snacking during Netflix binges, for those of us with no boundaries

But we’re in the heart of October now, so highest on my agenda is generously bathing all my gorgeous fall Honeycrisp applies in this liquid gold and repeat, and repeat, and repeat. It’s too good for words.

Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce made with coconut oil, real maple syrup, and almond butter. Microwave for one minute. SO GOOD! | pinchofyum.com

This is fall magic! ✨ Make it and love it.

5 Minute Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce
Author: 
Serves: about ½ cup sauce (4-6 servings depending on how you use it)
 
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup coconut oil
  • ¼ real maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter
  • sea salt, vanilla, or cinnamon to taste
Instructions
  1. Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together in a glass container for 1 minute. Whisk in the almond butter for about 30 seconds until fully incorporated and very smooth.
Notes
I'm not saying you HAVE to, but using cookie butter in place of almond butter is so dangerously good. And cookie butter is vegan (at least the one I bought is). Who knew.

 

The post 5 Minute Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce appeared first on Pinch of Yum.



from Pinch of Yum http://ift.tt/2deZLz1

No comments:

Post a Comment