Friday, April 10, 2020

Check In #1

Well, if nothing else, I thought it might be nice to do a weekly check-in to get us through these times.

TL;DR: Still here, still staying home, still grateful and also sometimes still struggling.

How are you guys doing? What has this experience been like for you this week? And I say this week because doesn’t it feel like it sort of changes with the hour? Man. I feel like we’ve all lived a lot of lifetimes in the last few weeks.

I’m planning to post these weekly recaps on Fridays… until they aren’t our lives anymore. I don’t know when that is or what that looks like. But until then, here’s the recap list from the week:

  • Something Delicious
  • Something Outside
  • Something Connected
  • Something To Look Forward To

Bonus: A Dog Photo!

This is just a check-in. That’s all, really. Just a chance to say hi out there to you in your home, from me in my home, on my couch, with toys strewn about everywhere and a pile of dishes taking over the kitchen counter. So, hi. I care about you, and I’m grateful for the internet right now, and I think life is better shared, so here we go.

Overall

This week earns a solid Meh rating.

It’s not like it’s all bad all the time, but it’s also not like this was the best week of my life, know what I mean?

I don’t know if you guys feel this, but I oscillate from “it’s all good” to “it’s all so hard” within about an hour, so I guess if you averaged out all those moments over the week – all the discouragement, all the exhaustion, all the hope inspired by people around the world – this is where I’m landing overall.

Please note the levels on the scale for these Quarantine Reports – the TOP POSSIBLE LEVEL is “good.” A solid good is the most potential I’ve got on any given week here.

What’s your rating this week?

Something Delicious

In addition to staying on top of groceries and keeping everyone fed and dealing with the never-ending dishes that our family of three generates (what in the world?!?!?!), I’ve also been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables lately. That is my big struggle because really, all I want to eat right now is cookie bowls.

The best foods I made / ate this week:

Something Outside

I’ve been trying to get outside every day (both for light exercise and for outdoor therapy), and since I’m spending a lot more time with Solvi these days, this has been a shared effort by the two of us.

Solvi LOVES – I repeat, L O V E S, to be outside.

This week, the weather had some gross moments. We were still there for it.

Something Connected

This week I met a few friends for a social distancing chat at the park. Yep, just like this – lawn chairs 6-or-more feet apart.

It was 60 degrees (I’m always cold which is why I’m still in my artic gear) and we all brought our own chairs and snacks and drinks and it was fabulous. It just felt so good to see and talk to people in real life.

Something To Look Forward To

We’re getting takeout on a recurring weeknight schedule now. Annnnd that is what I’m looking forward to.

This is one of the new traditions in our life because we badly need little things to look forward to right now DO YOU FEEL ME. We used to be more cautious about takeout and now we are like… taking-out quite frequently. Stamina for that effort was not great. Wednesday night takeout is a new staple part of our schedule and I am already excited about it.

Our takeout habit as of lately has involved aloo palak, shahi paneer, and a double order of naan from our little local Indian restaurant, and I do not see this changing anytime soon.

A Dog Photo

Sage just follows us around all day and loves her life.

If anyone is thriving right now, it’s her.


That’s the weekly report!

If you want to connect with Bjork and I about this whole seasons in more real-life talking format, you can check out this podcast episode we did for the Food Blogger Pro podcast where we talk about what life is really like right now as we navigate our way through.

And I’d love to hear from you. It’s really meaningful for me to share this space and this experience with you. How was your week? What are your big wins, little wins, and not-at-all wins? What’s giving you life and what’s keeping you up at night?

Stay well! xo

The post Check In #1 appeared first on Pinch of Yum.



from Pinch of Yum https://ift.tt/2JWdBFS

No comments:

Post a Comment